A Paleo, gluten free version of chicken Parmesan. Tender chicken breast with a crisp almond & Parmesan crusted outer layer. Topped with flavorful Pomi tomatoes and fresh buffalo mozzarella. A meal that will seem like a guilty pleasure.
Paleo Chicken Parmesan
- 2 Chicken Breasts Quartered
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water 2 oz
- 3/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Flour 4 oz Fine Grind
- 1 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese 2 oz
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cloves Clove Garlic Pressed
- Oil For Frying
- Mozzarella Cheese To Top
- Cut the chicken breasts in half length-ways, then in half again width-ways. Pound each piece slightly thinner to tenderize and create uniformity in thickness, so the chicken cooks evenly.
- In one bowl combine the tapioca flour, water, egg, salt and garlic. Mix well to remove any clumps of flour.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour and parmesan cheese. Use your fingers the blend the two ingredients and break up the grated cheese into smaller pieces.
- Dip the prepared chicken into the tapioca batter, then into the almond mixture to coat.
- Preheat a skillet with 1/4 inch of oil. Test the temperature of the oil by placing a piece of the almond flour in the pan. If the four begins to fry, the oil is ready. Place the breaded chicken into the pan and brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat and pour off excess oil.
- Top with Pomi Crushed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Then place the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven before the cheese burns.