Simply delicious. Simple to make and pairs well with most meals. The flavor of the rosemary infuses with the carrots and sweet potatoes while cooking. The inside texture is soft, and the outside is slightly caramelized in the roasting process as the natural sugars come to the surface.
Rosemary Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Whole Carrots Stems Removed
- 3 Sweet Potatoes Cut Into Wedges
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Ground Peppercorns
- 1 Sprig Rosemary Stem Removed and Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Oil Of Choice
- Cut your Sweet Potato into wedges. Approx. 8 Wedges per potato. Toss the carrots and potatoes in oil, season with salt, pepper and rosemary. They carrots cook best in a cast iron pan with a lid (dutch oven) but a casserole dish with a lid will also work. Cook covered at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until soft when punctured with a fork. Remove the lid and place under a broiler for 5 minutes to brown.