A fun spin on a classic, this jalapeño cheddar dip is shaped into a pumpkin for fall. Creamy and spreadable on a cracker, this cheese ball is a perfect blend of bacon, cheddar and jalapeño. The use of paprika, garlic and turmeric give the cheese a distinctive orange color, and a bold smoky flavor.
Bacon & Jalapeño Cheddar Cheese Ball
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 6 Ounces Medium or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Cooked Bacon Bits 1 oz
- 1 Whole Diced Jalapeño Stem Removed & Finely Diced 1/2 oz
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, turmeric, paprika and garlic. Whip the cheese until fully blended. Next add the cheddar cheese, bacon bits and Jalapeño.
- In a skillet, heat up the bacon bits and jalapeño to release the grease from the bacon and the spice from the jalapeño. If you wish to have less spice, remove the white membrane from the jalapeño before dicing.
- Fold the bacon bits and Jalapeño into the cheese mixture.
- roll into a ball and chill before serving.
- To shape into a pumpkin, completely wrap the prepared ball in saran wrap, then wrap the ball with twine or string three times, much like you would a present.
- Place the wrapped ball in the freezer for an hour to firm up. Once chilled, remove the twine and saran wrap. While still frozen, use your finger to smooth out any irregularities on the outside of the ball. For additional pizzazz, re-wrap with cheese ball with twine and top with a zucchini stem so it looks more like a pumpkin.
- Let the frozen cheese ball rest for 30 minutes to thaw fully before serving.