Cherry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Thick slices of brioche bread, stuffed with a Simi-sweet and creamy cherry filling and pan seared in butter to form a deliciously crispy exterior.
- 12 Fresh/frozen pitted cherries
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered sugar (additional for dusting)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 8 Slices Brioche or challah bread ½ Inch in thickness
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- With hand mixer combine cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar, setting aside to be used later as stuffing.
- In a wide base bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Crack eggs over mixture, discard the shell, whisking the eggs into the mixture until fully combined.
- Preheat a 10 Inch skillet over medium heat, and melt two tablespoons butter, coating the pan.
- Place a spoonful of prepared cream cheese filling and three cherries into the center of one slice of brioche, setting a second slice over filling to enclose it. Repeat this step three additional times with the remaining bread and filling. Use more or less filling as needed, depending on the surface area of your bread slice. Leave a quarter inch margin on the outer edge of the brioche, that is not covered with filling to prevent seepage.
- Dip the stuffed brioche into the prepared egg mixture, fully coating both sides, then add them to the pre-heated Skillet.
- Cook the stuffed toast until golden brown, and evenly cooked on both sides.
- Servewarm with butter, powdered sugar or maple syrup.
Tip: For a more even distribution of cherry, the whole cherries can be chopped and mixed with the cream cheese filling prior to stuffing.