Toasted baguette slices topped with a bold and creamy whipped blue cheese, salty prosciutto, thin slices of apple for a little crunch, and served with fresh arugula and a honey drizzle.
Apple & Prosciutto Crostini with Whipped Blue Cheese
- 1 rustic French baguette , sliced
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 gala or fuji apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces (9 slices) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Honey & arugula, as needed
Whipped Blue Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup half & half
- Milk as needed to adjust consistency
- Salt as needed to your tastes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly brush one side of the baguette slices with oil and place them oiled-side-down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until the bread begins to brown, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool fully.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the blue cheese crumbles and cream cheese with the half and half using a hand or stand mixer. Some small blue cheese lumps may remain. If too thick or not fluffy enough, adjust consistency with milk as needed. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Spread a spoonful of the whipped blue cheese on the oiled side of the toasted bread. Top with two slices of apple, and half slice of prosciutto. Serve with honey and arugula, to allow guests to serve themselves.