The perfect combo of sweet and savory. Sweet potatoes baked until soft, the potato removed from the skin and mixed with butter sour cream and cheese before returned to the skin and topped with spicy chorizo sausage.
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
The perfect combo of sweet and salty. Sweet potatoes baked until soft, the potato removed from the skin and mixed with butter sour cream and cheese before returned to the skin and topped with spicy chorizo sausage.
- 2 pounds sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- Salt as needed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese grated
- ½ pound chorizo seasoned ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sour cream as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways, brush the cut side with oil, season with salt and place them cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until soft when punctured with a fork. Remove from the oven and let cool to the touch.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Fully cook the chorizo, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Scoop the potato out of the skin with a spoon, leaving a little bit of the potato in the skin so it holds its shape. Collect the potato in a medium sized bowl as you scoop it out and retain the skin for later use. Combine the potato with the butter and sour cream, taste and season with salt if needed, then spoon the mixture back into the hollowed-out skins.
- Top with cheese and cooked chorizo and place the potatoes back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve warm with additional sour cream.