Sweet and tangy carrot salad. A mixture of spiralized or grated carrots, sweet red bell peppers, red onions, and fresh chopped cilantro, tossed with ground coriander, and brown sugar, before being flash seared to infuse the flavors, slightly caramelize the vegetables and slightly soften the carrots. finished off with a touch of vinegar and chilled to marinate.
Coriander Carrot Salad
- 7 Ounces Carrot Grated or Spiraled
- 3 Ounces Red bell pepper Julienned
- 1 Ounce Onion Julienned
- 2 Cloves garlic Finely Grated or Pressed
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander 5g
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar 2oz
- 2 Ounces Vinegar
- 1/2 Ounce Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- In a bowl, combine the carrot, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, coriander, and brown sugar. Toss the contents of the bowl with the oil.
- Pre-heat a skillet on medium heat, and turn out the contents of the bowl into the pan. Sear for a one and a half minutes without stirring. After that time has passed, stir the carrots, and repeat the process two more times, for a combined cooking time of four and a half minutes.
- return the seared carrots to the mixing bowl using a spatula to scrape any excess oil from the pan into the bowl.
- Add the fresh chopped cilantro and vinegar to the mixing bowl and toss the seared carrot mixture in the vinegar.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, letting it marinate for an hour before serving.