Hearty linguini noodles enveloped by a creamy, yet spicy, jambalaya sauce. This is a rather large recipe, but don’t fret, the leftovers will be gobbled up, should there be any leftovers. This recipe serves seven.
Creamy Jambalaya Linguini
- 2 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Oil Of Choice For Sautéing
- 1/3 Cup Diced Celery Approx 3oz
- 1 Small Diced Onion Approx 4.5oz
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes Approx 9oz
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1 Whole Diced Red Bell Pepper Approx 5.5oz
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 Pound Meat of Choice I used shrimp,chicken & andouille sausage
- 20 Sprigs Fresh Thyme Approx .3oz
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Oregano
- Salt & Pepper To Your Taste
- 1 Package Linguini Noodles 12-16oz box
- Being a large pot of water to boil, then add your noodles. Cook until al dente, then strain off water. Set aside and prepare the sauce.
- In a frying pan, Sauté all the vegetables with a tablespoon oil. This includes the onion, bell pepper, celery and fresh tomatoes. Cook until soft.
- Add the tomato paste, thyme, oregano and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a slow boil, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat and whisk in the cream.
- In a separate frying pan, Sauté the meat. If using sausage, no additional oil is needed to cook the meat. The meats oils were work. If sautéing only chicken, a tablespoon Oil will be needed. Once cooked, pour over the sauce, oil and all. Re-introduce the meat to the pan containing the sauce before pouring it over the noodles.