Juicy lamb patties, seasoned with fresh mint, parsley, Garam Masala, roasted garlic and red onions. Topped with red onions, tomato slices, a fresh cucumber tzatziki sauce, feta and wedged between two halves of a brioche bun. These lamb burgers provide you with all the flavors of kofta, with an American comfort food twist.
Grab the recipe for tzatziki here.
- 1 Lb Ground Lamb
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Diced Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Diced Parsley (Loosely Packed
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Diced Mint Leaves (1) .6 oz package sold at most markets
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cloves Roasted Garlic 1 clove if not previously roasted (finely diced)
- Dice up the onions, parsley, mint and garlic.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with the ground lamb. Mix well to fully combine the egg with the meat.
- Divide the meat mixture evenly four ways and press each to form a circular patty.
- Cook in a frying pan with a little oil to prevent sticking, or over a BBQ grill. Cook until juices run clear, or no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve on a brioche bun with tzatziki, feta, sliced tomato and additional red onion if desired.