This salad is packed with all the good stuff you need in your diet! Artichokes, capers, cherry tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, cucumber, olives, garbanzo beans, and quinoa. All tossed together with fresh lemon, mint, parsley and olive oil. Prep and pack this salad for a picnic lunch, or to take with you to work. It doesn’t go soggy, and will last up to three days in the refrigerator.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa 3 3/4 Ounces
- 1 Cup Chopped Bell Peppers 5 Ounces
- 1/2 Cup Garbanzo Beans (Strained) 3 Ounces
- 1 Cup Cucumber 4 Ounces
- 2 Tablespoons Reese Pearl Capers (Strained)
- 1 Cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes 5 Ounces
- 1/4 Medium Sliced Red Onion 1 1/4 Ounce
- 1/3 Cup Pitted & Halved Kalamata Olives 2 ounces
- 1 12 Ounce Jar Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts in Water Strained and Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Feta Crumbles 1 1/4 Ounce
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves (Stems Removed) 1/3 Ounce
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley 1/3 Ounce
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice 2 1/2 Fluid Ounces
- 1/4 Cup olive oil 2 Fluid Ounces
- Place 1/2 cup quinoa in a medium pan with three cups water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12-14 minutes. Strain and rinse the quinoa with cold water. Set aside and prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Chop, weigh, or measure all the remaining ingredients. Place them in a bowl and lightly toss together to combine.
- Serve cold.