Buttery garlic dough wrapped mummies basted with butter and baked in tomato sauce. Make a double batch, because these go fast! Use store bought pizza dough for a quick, easy and Halloween themed snack, or make the dough from scratch, you decide.
Mummy Garlic Knots
- 16 Ounces Prepared Pizza dough
- 2 Cloves garlic Pressed
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Jar Pomi Rustica Tomatoes 12.35oz
- 8 Medium Pimento olives Halved
- Grated Parmesan Cheese For Garnish
Make Your Own Dough
- 2 Cups Flour (Additional For Dusting)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Water
- knead the fresh pressed garlic into the prepared pizza dough. If you are using homemade dough, you will need to let the dough rise one hour before shaping the knots.
- Each knot will use 2oz of dough. divide the dough into one ounce pieces and roll each piece into a coil.
- Melt the butter, and combine it with the garlic powder and parsley. brush each of the coils with the butter mixture.
- Form an X with two 1oz coils ,and cross the ends of the dough over the center twice, creating a knot. Tucking the ends underneath so they don't come loose as they bake.
- Pour The tomato sauce into a 9x13" pan coating the bottom. You should not be able to see the bottom of the pan.
- Place the prepared garlic knots into the pan filled with tomato sauce. Place the halved olives onto the top of each knot to give your mummies eyes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the knots until the dough begins to brown.
- Once removed from the oven, baste with the remaining butter mixture, dust with Parmesan