It’s that time of year again, when you can enjoy pumpkin curry from fresh pumpkins. A great seasonal dish! A balance of sweet and spicy with a great flavor of fresh basil. If you aren’t a fan of pumpkin anything, this will change your mind!
Thai Pumpkin Curry
- 1 Can Pumpkin Purée (NET WT 29 oz)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (NET WT 13.5 Fl oz)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cube Knorr Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 Cup Thai Basil Leaves (Packed)
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste (I Use MayPloy Brand)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Whole Scallion (Half Red Onion Can Be Used As Substitute)
- 1 Whole Chicken Thigh (Boneless and Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Fish Sauce
- In a sauce pan, combine all the ingredients except the chicken thigh. Bring the pot to a slow boil.
- Cook Until the scallions begin to soften, then add the raw chicken. If thinly sliced, the chicken will cook quickly. Maintain the slow boil for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
To make this dish Vegan, Omit adding chicken, and use vegetable broth instead of the bouillon cube and water. A vegan “fish sauce” can also be used, or it can omitted all together, but additional salt would be needed if omitted.