Squash, cranberries, cheese, turkey, and sage, OH MY! This killer combo features Reese’s herb seasoned croutons and Knorr chicken bouillon. Stuff inside of a squash as I have, inside your turkey or in a baking dish. I used red kuri and kabocha squash, however butternut and acorn have a similarly rich buttery taste to them, and would taste great.
Fall Harvest Stuffing
- 1 Package Reese Herb Seasoned Croutons 6oz
- 1 Cup Squash Roasted and Cubed (16oz)
- 8 Ounces Hot Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1/4 Cup Cooked or Smoked Bacon Bits 1oz
- 1 Whole Knorr Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1 1/2 Cup Water 12oz
- 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberries 1.5oz
- 4 Ounces Grated Provolone Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic Pressed or minced
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion 2oz
- 1 .75oz pkg Fresh Sage Stems Removed
- Fresh Italian Parsley For Garnish
- Roast the squash in advance until soft. If you plan to fill a squash with stuffing, don't pre-roast the squash you plan to fill. Once Roasted, remove skin and cube it.
- Pour one package of Reese herb seasoned croutons into a large bowl.
- Pre-heat a skillet and brown the ground turkey. Pour the browned turkey out over the croutons in the bowl.
- Return the pan to the stove top and melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add in the garlic, bacon bits and sage.
- introduce the roasted and cubed squash to the pan. Sautéing until golden brown then pour out over turkey and croutons in the bowl.
- Next add in the cranberries, cheese, onions & Parsley.
- Dissolve the Knorr bouillon cube in 1 1/2 cup hot water. Once dissolved, pour the liquid over the ingredients in the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Scoop the stuffing into a squash or bake in an oven safe bowl. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 Minutes